Here is a list of some of Blackpool’s most exciting must-do activities:
1. Visit Blackpool Pleasure Beach Theme Park – Pleasure Beach, Blackpool is an innovative family theme park that offers an adrenalin-pumping good time for people of all ages. Whether you aim to conquer the Pepsi Max Big One, or simply to enjoy the unique Wild Mouse rollercoaster, theme parks don’t come much bigger, better, or faster than this one!
2. Dance in the Ballroom – If you fantasize about donning your ball gown and taking a slow-waltz around a decadent ballroom, you will find dancing heaven at Blackpool Tower. The little people will enjoy playing in the Jungle Gym, and the whole family will marvel at the sights from the top of the tower itself.
3. Improve Your Poker Game – Blackpool’s casinos are among the most popular in Europe. There is nothing quite likes ending your evening with a fuller wallet, and you may want to take a chance with these luxurious nightspots that might make you a millionaire.
4. Look at the Lights – Blackpool Illuminations 2009 is even bigger and better than ever before. Six miles of light show await the whole family if you visit between September and November. Be sure to watch out for the fantastic firework displays and the late night openings at Pleasure Beach family theme park too!
5. Take a Dip – If the ocean is a little too cold for you, consider traversing your way down some seriously thrilling water slides at Sandcastle Water Park. There are 18 different adventures to choose from, making it England’s largest indoor water park.
6. Tour the Sea Life Center – If you want to meet a true blue-blooded creature, you will be amazed to see the color-changing octopus at this educational center. Slender pipefish, cuckoo wrasse, rays of several different varieties, and starfish all adorn the spacious tanks. Blackpool’s Sea Life Center offers a fabulous experience for visitors of all ages.
7. Wander Around the Waxworks – Celebrities aplenty can be found at Louis Tussaud’s Waxworks, located opposite Blackpool’s Central Pier. If you’ve ever wanted to get your picture with an A-list star, you can choose from hundreds of models in nine enormous themed rooms!
Whatever you do in Blackpool this year, you are certain to enjoy excitement and quality family time in this stunning English city!